ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

Show and Tell

Today I'm linking up with  Forever in 5th Grade to Show and Tell with you this Tuesday!



When the you don't wanna wake up the morning after Spring Break! 


I would rather have a personal chef! I love watching all the great foods on Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen! I wonder do personal chefs go grocery shopping too! That would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I do basic cooking like 5-6 days a week and Saturday is our eat out day. But I would love a personal chef! How about you and your family...who cooks in the house and how many times a week? 

Jim and the Beanstalk by Raymond Briggs is an awesome read aloud to go along with teaching measurement to 2nd Graders!

Some measurement activities to go along with the book!  
Questions: How long is your bean? How long is the bean stalk? How tall is your giant? 



The students also measured each other using measuring tape and compared and contrasted their heights amongst each group member and their giant creations! 
Check out my newest measurement printable: HERE


 
Soccer & Track season are almost over! PHEWWW!!!  This soccer/ track mom loves cheering on my lil super star! Basketball season is up next! But first snack duty...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I look forward to scrolling over to check out some of the other Show and Tell blog posts this month with Forever in 5th Grade
Enjoy the rest of your week! 

6 comments:

  1. I taught third for a 19 years and your Jim and the Beanstalk brings back memories...Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 19 years is a long time to teach one grade level! What grade do you teach now? My kids really enjoyed measuring their giants and we hung them from the ceiling in the hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have a personal chef! When we were building our house, we lived with my parents for a couple months. My dad is an amazing cook! It was wonderful coming home from school every day and having a home-cooked meal already done!

    Your beanstalk measuring activities look really fun! Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "Real Moms of Soccer" T-shirt! I need one! :)

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen that Beanstalk book - looks perfect for measurement!

    ReplyDelete