ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

What are you reading?

Today I'm linking up with Focused on Fifth to share with you my What are you Reading post!




These are some great picture books that my class will be reading this month!
This Week I will feature an incredible Women: Mary McLeod Bethune
[painting of Mary McLeod Bethune by Betsy G. Reyneau]  Equal parts educator, politician, and social visionary, Mary McLeod Bethune was one of the most prominent African American women of the first half of the twentieth century--and one of the most powerful. Known as the "First Lady of the Struggle," she devoted her career to improving the lives of African Americans through education and political and economic empowerment, first through the school she founded, Bethune-Cookman College, later as president of the National Council of Negro Women, and then as a top black administrator in the Roosevelt administration.
(https://www.gwu.edu/~erpapers/teachinger/glossary/bethune-mary.cfm)



This book is a great chapter book that explores the life of Mary McLeod Bethune. Written by Milton Meltzer this is one of my favorite written about this incredible lady!
You may also enjoy these products:
Mary McLeod Bethune Pebble Go Research Hunt
Mary McLeod Bethune Multiplication
Mary McCleod Bethune Brochure
Freebie Mary McLeod Bethune Vocabulary

2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for more history picture books to add to my collection. Thanks so much for joining in our link up this month.

    Angela
    The Organized Plan Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of picture books. I love discovering new books to share with my students. They love when I read to them.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete