ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

Book Talk Thursday

It's Thursday and I'm linking up with Reading Toward the Stars for Book Talk Thursday. 


Today my son had an appointment to read with "Sophie" a dog that comes monthly to visit our public library. My son has no pets and loves getting a chance to read to a dog.

He read the book Frederick's Journey.   This picture book about the life of Frederick Douglass was written by Doreen Rapport and illustrated by London Ladd.  My son really enjoyed the beautiful illustrations, they truly captured the life of Frederick Douglass and told a story of their own. I also enjoyed this book and look forward to reading other picture books capturing the lives of Historical Figures by this author. I'm a new fan of Doreen Rapport!

 

I have created some awesome Frederick Douglass resources that would accompany this book nicely. 

Frederick Douglass Timeline
Frederick Douglass Research Hunt

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up again this week! I always look forward to the books you suggest. Must go check this one out!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete