ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

Five for Friday!

Happy Friday!  So  I am so excited to share with you my Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.

Okay the news is crazy let me just say that! I ran across this and my jaw dropped. First is this news????? Anyways people naming the kids after filters?? Have we all gone mad?
My son turns 7 this month. I asked my son's teacher if it was okay to bring cupcakes and gift bags for his birthday. She replies,  "Oh we have so many birthdays this month." Not sure if that was a no or yes? but I plan on bringing cupcakes anyway.  My son says there are 10 kids in the class with birthdays this month! Wowser!   I pinned these cute birthday boy ideas. 
I think he'll love Ninjago Lego Cupcakes. We're planning on having his birthday party #2 at LegoLand. Last month I took my class there on a field trip my second graders had so much fun! I think he'll have a blast. 


I also found this awesome book called The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer. It is a Georgia Picture Book Nominee. My son is six and I love to share with him books about boys. This one is particular is based on a true story of a young 14 year old Malian inventor. What's interesting is, last year I saw a Ted Talk about him and so when I saw the book I was excited to share this story with my son who is a little young for TED TALKS.  Check this one out it's AMAZING!


To check out more about him, view his TED TALK video below. 




Creed was such a good movie! Loved it. I guess you can say I'm a huge movie buff. Love watching movies and this week I can't wait to watch Chiraq Directed by Spike Lee it comes out today!

Okay No Holiday shopping for me besides a push of a button to add to my cart! I hate how mean people get during this shopping holiday season. I just stay away. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Leave me some blog luv and join the party with Doodle Bugs Teaching and share your FIVE for Friday! 

5 comments:

  1. I prefer shopping from the comfort of my home, too. Those Lego birthday ideas a cute! I hope your son enjoys his birthday treats.
    Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I love your book from a child inventor. How inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - looks like you've had a really busy week! I'm exactly the same - I avoid all the crazy christmas shoppers and do my shopping really early to get it done out the way before the madness hits!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy week! I love that book!!! I'm staying home and shopping in my pjs. :)

    ReplyDelete