ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

The Sunday Scoop

I'm linking up with TeachingTrio to share with you my Sunday Scoop. Today I'm excited to share some great news!
   



3 Things I have to do...
I need to go to visit Ikea and pick up some book ends and drop off tons of games and books to the Goodwill!  I'm organizing my teacher stuff and some things have been moved into my family library/office. I need these cute white bookends  I saw on Not Just a House Wife! I think she did an amazing job color-coding her books. She covers the bookend with the last book to make them invisible. Check it out!


2 Things I hope to do...
So many shows to catch up on this week. I love watching reality t.v. but this fall so many great scripted shows have made their way to my dvr list. What shows make your lists?

  • How to Get Away With Murder
  • Scandal
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • The Blacklist
  • Americas Next Top Model
  • Walking Dead
  • Fear of Walking Dead 
  • Days of Our Lives ( yes, I've been a fan for 20 years) 

1 Thing I'm happy to do... 
Oh now for the good news I mentioned earlier in this post. For those of you who have read my blog, you know I've been actively looking for work.  After over 8 interviews with many schools, I found the job for me!  I received several job offers but all the principals wanted to put me in 5th grade. Nothing wrong with 5th grade, but I love teaching primary students! I'm so blessed I had the opportunity to focus on finding what makes me happy! I love teaching 2nd grade. So I'm back.

It's been awhile though, so any 2nd grade teachers out there, please share with me top 5 things I must have for a great year.


Thanks TeachingTrio for hosting this great Sunday linky party! 
Thanks readers for stopping by my blog 
& please show my blog some luv! 


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job! Best of luck to you :) I have fond memories of watching Days of our Lives with my mom during summer vacation when I was in school. My favorite was Marlena being possessed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I remember those episodes. I also loved Sammi but she left this year.

      Delete
  2. YAY!!! Congratulations on the new job!! I am just finishing up a long term sub position in 2nd grade!! I wish you all the luck in the world!! I had a hard time transitioning from Kinder but it was a great adventure for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! So happy you found what you were looking for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finding a position that you will love! Second grade seems like a very exciting grade. I can't wait for TWD to air tonight. The hubs and I are completely obsessed! Happy Sunday and thanks for linking up!

    Cassie
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hubby and I are big fans too. He even has me watching Talking Dead!

      Delete