ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

Sparking Student Motivation!

I'm linking up with Head Over Heels for Teaching to share with you ways I motivate and support students.  If you haven't already checked out this incredible post with tons of great ways to support readers go ahead and click this fabulous pic below and hop on over. 


Igniting passionate readers by allowing and protecting the independent reading time. Let whatever designated time for reading be sacred and scheduled. My students have learned to enjoy reading. We celebrate authors, share our opinions about books and write critiques. We read tons of books because we enjoy them. We laugh and enjoy the art of reading and discuss the author's purpose. We become authors and write and publish our own books.  This part is probably crucial to motivating students to read and write more and enjoy it! Allow them time to share their masterpieces to the class. My class loves giving critiques and I love it too! They start by saying a "glow" and then a "grow."  One of books I recently read called The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller really touches on creating the environment to support learning.  If you haven't checked out this book, get it or borrow it. Miller shares her desire for supporting and developing lifelong readers and it is truly inspiring.


Thanks for stopping by my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment