ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

It's Monday What Are You Reading?



I'm linking up with Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to share with you my IMWAYR! 




This week after visiting the local library, my son and I read a book by Chuck Richards called The Critter Sitter. The lovely illustrations initially attracted us to it and as we read the colorful, detailed images popped off the pages. He really enjoyed reading this book! Because of the 4th grade vocabulary immersed throughout this chaotic story, I did need to support my young growing reader, but the text was minimally written per page allowing us to really engage and enjoy the remarkable illustrations!  This would be a great book to use during a unit study of Cause and Effect!


I plan on checking out a couple more of his books. The next one on my son's list is 
 Jungle Gym Jitters



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the guidance to these books. I often tutor 2nd and 3rd grade boys and am always looking for books to read with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this post useful. I can't wait to share more book favorites next Monday!

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this author or these books. The cover of Jungle Gym Jitters reminds me of Chris Van Allsburg's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I like the look of Jungle Gym Jitters - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete