ThingsGuideIndian Education BlogThingsGuide

Global Glitter Link Up!

Today I'm linking up with the Global Glitter Tribe .

Totally Inspirational: This quote by Albert Einstein


Responsiveness in my classroom comes with our morning meetings! I think this time is very important. It allows everyone to come together and feel part of the community. We can share the good, bad, and ugly and work towards improving our relationships in the class. We can celebrate our accomplishments and problem solve.

Igniting passionate readers by allowing and protecting the independent reading time. Let whatever designated time for reading be sacred and scheduled. My students have learned to enjoy reading. We celebrate authors, share our opinions about books and write critiques. We read tons and laugh and enjoy the art of reading and understanding the author's purpose. We become authors and write and publish our own books. I loved reading The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller. If you haven't checked out this book, get it or borrow it. Miller shares her desire for supporting and developing lifelong readers and it is truly inspiring. 


Bridging the Gap - Project Based Learning (PBL) is great because it allows students to get more out of the learning experience. Students can develop deeper learning competencies that are needed throughout their lives. Students have many opportunities to use technology to research and connect with experts around the world and create meaningful products by solving real problems and addressing real issues. 


Enjoying your time- spending it with my kids. I really enjoyed our Fall break and used it to spend some quality time with my daughter who is 15 and my son is 6. Yeah the age difference really makes it hard to spend time together, because their interests are on two different levels. So my first date was with my daughter, we went shopping and then out to lunch at Five Guys. I hadn't eaten a burger in months. It was delicious. The next day I took my son to see Hotel Transylvania 2. He had been bugging me to see it for the last two weeks. I really had a great time with each one and vow to make it a regular thing. 
   

Thanks for hosting this great link up Global Glitter Tribe and thanks for stopping by my blog. Don't forget to show my blog some luv!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up with the Global Glitter Tribe this month! I am LOVING your post and I agree with so much of what you posted! I think that morning meets are SO valuable! I only do meetings on Wednesdays because it's hard to fit them into our mandated times but it is definitely a favorite part of the week for my students. I also love PBL and can't wait to do a new PBL project this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I also have a 15 year old daughter! Classroom meetings are so important and I think getting kids to have discussions is a great skill they need to learn.
    On the Go Teacher Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to link-up with us again this month- your points on preserving reading time is so spot-on! How can we foster a love of reading if we never value it enough to give time to it? Have a great month- looking forward to reading your November link-up post- Laura Xx

    ReplyDelete